The Versatile Blogger Award.
Today I have been honored to receive an Award from She Speaks at Motley News and I feel doubly honored because of the other bloggers I am included with… I have to say I don’t exactly know what I am supposed to do with this but I will try to keep the standards of the other recipients an especially that of the young women who so generously nominated..shared..bestowed it upon me. Please take this as an official thank you but more importantly a personally one. I have loved reading what you have written what you have hsared about the world, your view of it and of your self. I am awed by the photos that you have shared and by the genuousness an authenticity of your emotions. I wish you well in your current battle Michelle and in all the battles to come…After all it is not where you arrive as much as it is the manner in which you journey.
As for my 15 nominations
2) http://barkinginthedark.wordpress.com Because everything he says is powerful and thought provoking
3) http://theobamacrat.com all though I have just started reading his post. I like how he is unapologetic…a no holds bar kind of person…but the way he talks with his online bloggers you see his kindness behind the gruffness.
4) http://onmysquare.wordpress.com/about/ because he takes issues in the Black community and turns them on their end. He takes us to task as much as he takes society to task… he holds us all accountable…
5) totsymae1011 Another just beginning to read blog. But her artwork is AMMMMMMAAAZZZING and her words dance across the blog. There is something very poignant about her post.
6) http://kaystreet.wordpress.com/ cause she is smart, savvy, and has insightful political topics.
7) http://prolecenter.wordpress.com/ Cause anyone who is as radical as I am has to be cool and I like the black power sign as his brand/logo whatever you call it 🙂
8) http://ghostsofdc.org/ Because it’s almost like you are inhaling history
9) http://alittletourinyellow.wordpress.com/ because I like the way he writes…and sometimes sometimes his writing seems to ME like a slow wail of sadness and frustration… and I hope he is not sad.
10) http://bigthink.com/ This is a knowledge based blog with some of the most influential minds discussing a variety of topics from foreign policy to climate control as well as physics.
11) http://www.cfr.org/about/ is a non partisan think tank and keeps you apprised of what is going on around the globe.
12) http://doninmass.com because he picks some of the best quotes as well as comics that I have had the good luck to see
13) http://www.americanpoverty.org Because here you will find so,e of the most powerful photos on poverty.
14) http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/ Because her post make you feel alive just because of the way she lives, and a a tad envious.
15) I obviously LOVE MOTLEY NEWS….but I don’t think or know if I could nominate her as she has nominated me and was a recipient herslf of the award. But if I can http://motleynews.net would be my choice.
7 Things about me
1) I am often called hard and unforgiving…I thing I am honest and intolerant of hypocrisy.
2) I served in the Army. I am a recovered alcholoic and have been sober for over 25 years. I used to think my body was my greatest asset, or atleast the one men were the most interested in and which women thought didn’t really matter… I have always loved my brain and the way that I can process information and while I am not Mensa material…I have an IQ of 130 that far surpasses that of most people.
3) I think happiness is more important than wealth…some people call me an underachiever…but I wonder who are they to define what success is for me…
4) I was too sensitive, felt things to deeply, believed things to easily and was swept up in the wonder of wonder. Now I am too hard and callous, too direct and to much of a soldier. A soldier of life, the street, alcholism, and the projects and of just being black in America.
5) My family is my life…and I would both die and yes even kill for them… My daughter is my heart, my granddaught is the puls but my grandson is my soul. I am merciless, and I am the nightmare that you wished you never dreamt if you harmed my family.
6) I grieve for the world and rejoice in its wonders…and I wish I had been an activist, an adventurer, an advocate and a CIA agent 🙂 NO really I do… A theorist, a strategist, a kick ass soldier. I wish I was a Knights Templar, a Jesuit Priest of old or a Buddhist Monk…NO really… I wish I wish… because those are all part of who I am.
7) And while I am not always NICE I am always kind when allowed to be…I am the most loyal of friends, I am the person you can call at 3am… I will be your confidant, the shove at your back, the embrace you need in the stillness of the night. I will be you friend…and friendship to me is not taken lightly I have one friend outside of my family and that is the man I sleep besides at night. And yet he knows he is expendable…a ripple on the current of my life but like a pebble s effect no less significant.
Award nominees /recipients have a few responsibilities as with great wealth comes even greater responsibilities…here is what you have to do
According to the requirements of the award I must:
• Nominate 15 other bloggers • Inform my nominees • Share 7 random facts about myself • Thank the one who nominated me • Add a picture of the award to this post